Do you know which type of exercise can help you keep fit, relieve stress and keep osteoporosis away?
Research has shown that running yields plenty of health benefits. Running is one of the best aerobic exercises for physical training of your heart and lungs. It ensures a good flow of blood and oxygen throughout your body. Running regularly brings the benefits of:
* losing weight, keeping fit and staying in shape;
* increasing metabolic rate, which is good for the body;
* being a great stress-reliever. Runners feel elated, clear and calm after a long run that can help to relieve mild depression;
* improving cardio-respiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, body composition and neuromuscular relaxation;
* increasing bone density. Running is a weight bearing exercise that can help to keep osteoporosis away;
* burning calories efficiently; and
* increasing the resting metabolism and muscle mass. Combination of running with a healthy diet is a sure way to feel and look good.
Workshop on Running for Fitness
Catering, Clubs & Sports Group and Police Athletics Club will jointly organise a workshop on running for fitness to help Force members build up a habit of regular exercise and maintain their physical fitness.
The workshop will be held in Police Sports and Recreation Club from 7 pm to 8.30 pm on October 26, with Dr Lobo H.T. Louie, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University, as speaker.
|<<Back to Sports>> <<Back to Top>>|