'C' Department (Personnel & Trainning)
Consists of three branches:
Human Resources Branch
Is in turn divided into two sections:
Human Resources Group - deals with performance management, career development, postings, increments, advancements, manpower planning and all recruitment matters.
Promotions and Research Group – handles all matters relating to promotions and conducts researches on best practices in human resources management.
Conditions of Service and Discipline Branch
The Branch deals with retirement, resignation, renewal of contracts, and other general conditions of service matters relating to police officers in the Force. It also handles discipline and quartering matters.
Personnel Services and Staff Relations Branch
Is divided into five main groups:
- Catering, Clubs and Sports Group – looks after catering, sports, the Police Sports and Recreation Club, the Police Officers' Club and four other recreation centres.
- Welfare Services Group - provides personal and family welfare services at Regional level and resettlement services
- Support Group – provide welfare support, which includes managing and administering a number of benevolent funds and schemes, namely, Police Children's Education Trusts, Police Welfare Fund, group insurance plans, police souvenir gallery, staff purchase scheme, holiday home/hotel facilities and other major welfare projects
- Psychological Services Group - provides professional counseling and educational services to Force members.
- Staff Relations Group - deals with staff relations; consultation with staff associations and matters affecting morale; provides guidance to district and divisional staff in furtherance of harmonious staff relations; and manages the problem of indebtedness of some police officers.
The Hong Kong Police College
The Hong Kong Police College is responsible for all matters relating to training within the Force except internal security, highly specialized, Auxiliary and Marine Police training. Presently, it comprises five centres:
Foundation Training Centre (FTC)
- The Foundation Training Centre provides basic training for recruit Constables and Inspectors, as well as criminal investigation, firearms and tactics, and police driving and traffic training for serving officers. It is also responsible for issuing and maintaining Government Driving Permit in the Force. In addition, the Centre oversees the operation of the Police Band.
Professional Development Learning Centre (PDLC)
- The Professional Development Learning Centre offers local and overseas training programmes on police leadership and management, seminars on personal effectiveness and awareness on socio-political developments in Hong Kong, as well as a range of professional courses on the application of information technology in policing, criminal intelligence management and Hi-Tech crime investigation. In addition, the Centre provides bespoke training programmes for police officers from the Mainland.
Learning Development Support Centre (LDSC)
- The Learning Development Support Centre provides in-house learning and development support services for the Force, including training consultancy, curriculum design and review, training quality assurance, examinations and assessment, training projects, learning technologies. It also promotes lifelong learning in the Force through accreditation and continuous development.
Research Centre (RC)
- The Research Centre is dedicated to enhancing and consolidating the Force’s research capabilities to support the delivery of high quality services to the community. It is also responsible for developing and enhancing the strategic partnership and collaboration with professional research institutes to improve the quality and range of research services available to the Force. In addition, the Centre oversees the operation of the Force Library.
College Administration Centre (CAC)
- The College Administration Centre is dedicated to the effective and efficient delivery of the overall administrative support to the College. It is responsible for the overall planning and administration of human and financial resources, effective budget planning, expenditure control and goods/service procurement for the College.
|Organization Chart of Hong Kong Police Force|
|Operations & Support|
|Crime & Security|
|Personnel & Trainning|
|Finance, Administration & Planning|