Road Safety is one of the Commissioners' Operational Priorities in 2016. Through publicity, education and enforcement actions, we aim at enhancing the level of road safety in Hong Kong.
Commissioner's Operational Priorities 2016 - Road Safety
- Reduce fatal and serious accidents through a multi-agency approach.
- Deter drink driving, drug driving, speeding and illegal road racing.
- Promote pedestrian safety, with particular emphasis on the elderly and safe cycling.
In 2015, there were 16 170 traffic accidents involving casualties, with 2 510 cases involving serious injuries and 117 involving fatalities. The numbers of accidents involving casualties increased by 2.4 percent and the number of accidents involving serious injuries or fatalities increased by 0.8 percent as compared with 2014. We will continue to work in partnership with other government departments, transport associations, road safety stakeholders, educational bodies and community organizations to make Hong Kong a safer place for road users.
- The RSC 42nd Anniversary Ceremony cum Anti-drink Driving, Anti-drug Driving and Driving Attentively Road Safety Campaign 2015 (November 2015)
- 2015 - No Drug and No Drink Driving Bus Parade (October 2015)
- Sharp Smart Elderly Pedestrian Safety Promotion Campaign (Kick-off Ceremony) (August 2015)
- Safe Cycling Promotion cum Safety Ambassador Scheme Award Presentation Ceremony (August 2015)
- Elderly Pedestrian Road Safety Quiz Competition (July 2015)
- Safe and Joyful Crossing in Hong Kong cum Cycling Safety Kick Off Ceremony (July 2015)
- Elderly Pedestrian Road Safety Happy Classroom (July 2015)
- Shatin Road Safety Park Open Day cum Elderly Pedestrian Safety Promotion Campaign (April 2015)
- Elderly Road Safety Mini Film Kick-off Ceremony (February 2015)
- 2014 Anti-3‘D’ Winter Kick-off Ceremony (December 2014)
- Elderly Road Safety Quiz Competition cum RSC Annual Ceremony 2014 (November 2014)
- The Road Safety Council Safe Cycling Training Programme (July 2014 to February 2015 )
- Police Enforcement Action Against Drink Driving During World Cup Period 2014 (June to July 2014)
- Elderly Pedestrian Safety Campaign Kick-off Ceremony cum Bus Parade in Yuen Long 2014 (May 2014)
- The Anti-Drink and Anti-Drug Driving Campaign 2013 Kick-off Ceremony (December 2013)
- The Road Safety Council 40th Anniversary Ceremony (November 2013)
- RSC and Police remind the public not to drive after drinking during festive season (October 2013)
- The Police and the Road Safety Council held three large-scale publicity campaigns to promote cycling safety (July 2013)
- 長者道路安全問答比賽專訪 (Cantonese Version only and linked to RTHK.hk) (July 2013)
- Elderly Pedestrian Road Safety Campaign Kick Off Ceremony cum Bus Parade in Yuen Long (May 2013)
- 長者道路安全秘笈 (Chinese Version only) (January to February 2013)
- Blitz against drink driving during festive season（December 2010)
- Road Safety Guard comes on stream(November 2010)
- Road Safety Bus meets public with new look (October 2010)
- More joint efforts on elderly pedestrian safety(September 2010)
- Smart Cyclist Got Talent 2010 (August 2010)
- Road Safety Message Design Campaign(July 2010)
- Elderly Road Safety Drive moves to Yuen Long(June 2010)
- Next station is Kwun Tong - 'Elderly Road Safety Bus' on the move(March 2010)
Education and Publicity Materials
Visit to Road Safety Bus/Town