Sexual Conviction Record Check
The Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme is implemented on 1 December 2011.
You should make advance appointment through the Auto-Telephone Answering System at 3660 7499, or via Police Mobile App > Contact Us > Hotlines, no less than one working day in advance of the intended appointment. Walk-in application will not be entertained.
For special arrangement in times of tropical cyclones and rainstorms, please click here.
- With effect from 1 April 2015, the scope of the SCRC Scheme will be expanded to cover contract renewal staff of private tutorial centres and private interest/activity institutions.
- Also, with effect from 1 April 2015, applicants may renew their accounts within the last three months of the validity period of their check result.
- For further details, please refer to this link.
If applicants would like to renew the validity period of the checking code, please make an advance booking through Auto-Telephone Answering System (ATAS) (Tel.: 3660 7499) within the last two months of the validity period. When applicants book for an appointment, please use the first eight digits of the checking code as the identification code for booking. The available appointment date is any working day within the last month of the validity period. Applicants should then bring along with them Hong Kong Identity Card to attend the Sexual Conviction Record Check Office in person on the day of appointment to submit a request for renewal and pay the prescribed renewal fee.
After renewal, the validity period will be extended for another 12 months counting from the original expiry date. Applicants or the persons authorised by the applicants will be able to access the check result using the original checking code during the renewal period. Please note that if the checking code has expired, we could not process the request for renewal and applicants have to submit a fresh application for the checking.
Please refer to our Notes to Applicants for further information.
- What’s New
- Notes to Applicants (PDF)
- Notes to Employers (PDF)
- Promotional Partner Programme
- Frequently Asked Questions