‘NS’ Department (National Security)
National Security Department is responsible for:
- collecting and analysing intelligence and information concerning national security;
- planning, coordinating and enforcing measures and operations for safeguarding national security;
- investigating offences endangering national security;
- conducting counter-interference investigation and national security review;
- carrying out tasks of safeguarding national security assigned by the Committee for Safeguarding National Security of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; and
- performing other duties and functions necessary for the enforcement of <The Law of the People’s Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region>.