Online Concert Ticket Trading Fraud
Swindlers would pretend to put concert tickets up for sale on online social/shopping platforms. The victims would fail to collect their concert tickets after making payments.
Members of the public should stay vigilant and note the following points when conducting online transactions:
- Ascertain the credibility of other parties and verify their identity before conducting online transactions.
- When conducting overseas transactions, be aware that the protection provided and risks involved in other jurisdictions may differ.
- Buyers and sellers can review each other’s transaction history, credibility ratings and feedbacks before proceeding with a transaction.
- Do not disclose any personal information before authenticating the identity of other parties.
- If there is any suspicion over the identity of parties involved, stop the transaction immediately.