Beware of new MO of SIM card deception
Scammer first borrows victim’s mobile phone with different pretexts. Scammer then takes the SIM card from victim’s phone and use it to purchase apps or digital content via mobile apps store. Since the payment will be made through “mobile phone billing service” provided by telecom service provider, the scam is not unveiled until the victim receives the respective telecom bill.
1. Safe keep your mobile phone/ SIM card.
2. Do not lend your mobile phone/ SIM card to any stranger.
3. Remind your relatives and friends to stay alert against deception.
4. If your mobile phone is lost, report to the telecom service provider as soon as possible.
5. If in doubt, please call the Anti-Scam Helpline 18222.