Telephone Deception (Impersonating Staff of Department of Health)
It has recently come to the Police’s attention that swindlers are making fraudulent phone calls impersonating staff of Department of Health. Please stay alert.
Members of the public received calls from scammers who impersonated as staff of the Department of Health, and claimed that there were some anomalies regarding the health condition of the victims. Victims were requested to provide their names, HKID numbers and bank account details.
Information from the Department of Health
The Department of Health has confirmed that only those who are served with quarantine orders issued by the Department of Health will receive follow-up calls. Staff of Department of Health will request persons under quarantine to:
- Provide the names of the persons who are put under mandatory home quarantine;
- Share their real-time locations; and
- Conduct video calls to verify their locations if necessary.
- Do not disclose any personal data or bank account details.
- If you reach any suspicious website which requires you to input your bank account information and PIN codes, do not disclose any details and close the browser immediately.
- Remind your relatives and friends to stay alert against deception.
- If in doubt, please call the government hotline 5394 3150 for the identities of the staff or the Anti-Scam Helpline 18222 for advice.