The cyber world of the Internet is not a virtual space not bound by law.
Under the existing laws of Hong Kong, most of the ordinances targeting crime prevention in the real world apply also in the cyber world of the Internet.Relevant Legislation on Computer Crimes
- Cap. 200 CRIMES ORDINANCE s.161 Access to computer with criminal or dishonest intent
- Cap. 200 CRIMES ORDINANCE s.60 Destroying or damaging property
- Cap. 106 TELECOMMUNICATIONS ORDINANCE s.27A Unauthorized access to computer by telecommunications
- Cap. 390 CONTROL OF OBSCENE AND INDECENT ARTICLES ORDINANCE
- Cap. 579 PREVENTION OF CHILD PORNOGRAPHY ORDINANCE