Crimes Related to Online Games
To prevent technology crime related to online games:
- Don’t share a game account with others;
- Use a proper password and change it regularly;
- Avoid using unknown or non-encrypted free Wi-Fi networks or use computers accessible to the public to conduct online banking transactions, check personal emails or conduct other operations which involve sensitive information;
- Don’t download software which is suspicious in source or in nature to avoid being compromised by malicious programmes;
- Don’t pay others money or game data unless you are sure the transaction partner is trustworthy; and
- Check personal online game account regularly. Once any irregularities occurred, contact the game provider immediately. Report to the Police if necessary.