Notes to Applicants outside HK
──For applicants, disregarding their nationality, who are outside Hong Kong and unable to make the application in person at our office
The issuance of Certificates of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) is a charged service provided by the Hong Kong Police Force which is solely in connection with a person's application for various types of visa, such as visit, student or resident visa, or for adoption of children. Applications for the Certificate for any other purposes will not be accepted.
Application Procedures and Documentation Requirements
2. Applications should be submitted by post to:
The Commissioner of Police
(Attn.: EO CNCC)
14/F, Arsenal House,
Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
3. Applicants may also arrange a representative to hand in their application to the above quoted address or deposit their application into the drop-in box provided at the First Floor of the Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong. No authorization letter is required for the representative.
4. All applications must contain the documents listed below (click to print the checklist). All the listed documents (except items c and f) are mandatory. Please also read the Frequently Asked Questions before submission of application.
The ORIGINAL of signed “Application form ”(Please click here for a filled-in sample of the form)
The ORIGINAL of signed “Fingerprint consent form”(Please refer to paragraph 8 below for details)
|d.||A PHOTOCOPY of applicant’s Hong Kong Identity Card / valid Travel Document|
A PHOTOCOPY of a request letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains the applicant’s name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required.
A PHOTOCOPY of the documents proving the applicant’s relationship with the “visa principal applicant” for the application, such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.
(Only required if the request letter in item ‘e’ above only mentioned the name of the principal applicant and terms such as “sponsor” / “dependent” / “partner” and does not contain the applicant’s own name)
The ORIGINAL of a full set of the applicant’s fingerprints taken and certified by the police / law enforcement agency / Consulate where the applicant presently resides.
A full set of fingerprints should include the impression of each of the applicant’s fingers, the plain impression of the four fingers of the applicant’s left and right hand taken simultaneously, and the plain impressions of thumbs. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state:
i. The name and rank of the person taking the fingerprints;
ii. The full name and the OFFICIAL STAMP of the police / law enforcement agency / Consulate; and
iii. Where and when the fingerprints were taken.
Fingerprints submitted that do not clearly show the certification will not be accepted. ***Fingerprints taken by the applicants themselves, a legal representative or private / commercial agency will not be accepted.
Fingerprints taken on the fingerprint card provided by the local Police / law enforcement agency / Consulate is accepted.
Processing fee of HK$225 per person.
Please pay the processing fee in bank draft, made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region". The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal cheque in HK dollar which is issued and authorized by any licensed bank in Hong Kong is also acceptable. Regarding the abbreviations on the bank draft / personal cheque, you may write 'The Government of Hong Kong SAR'.
Alternatively, you may mail the application documents to your relative/friend in Hong Kong who can submit the application on your behalf and pay the fee in cash / Octopus Card / EPS in our office*.
Please note that credit card/ electronic/ online/ telegraphic transfer of money / electronic cheque or cash sent by mail are not accepted.
* Appointment is required for document submission or payment from applicants (including applicant’s representative in Hong Kong). Applicants shall make an advance appointment through the Online Booking System (OBS) (https://www.obs.police.gov.hk/en) or the Auto-Telephone Answering System at (852)2396 5351, no less than one day prior to the intended appointment. Walk-in application will not be entertained.
When making an appointment, you can choose any working day in the upcoming 60 days, unless the appointment sessions available for that particular day have been fully booked. If there is a cancellation of booking, the relevant timeslot will also be released for a new booking immediately.
5. Electronic copy of application documents (if any) must be printed out. Printing service is not available at this office. The relevant application form, standard personal data form and fingerprint consent form can be downloaded via the links in paragraphs 4(a) to (c) above. Electronic signature will not be accepted.
6. Upon receipt of complete application documents and the required processing fee, a payment receipt will be sent to the applicant by post. In the absence of the completed documents, application will not be further processed and the documents will be returned to the applicant by post.
7. Application documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, shall be accompanied with an official transcript, in Chinese or English, as certified either by the issuing authority, or an accredited translation services body.
Authorization to Disclose Criminal Records
8. By signing the Fingerprint consent form mentioned in paragraph 4(b) above, applicants authorize the Hong Kong Police to retain the fingerprints and that details of any criminal conviction recorded against him or her can be disclosed to the appropriate Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority without prior reference to him or her.
Processing Time of Applications and Issuance of Certificate
9. Upon receipt of complete application documents and the required processing fee, if no criminal conviction data against the applicant is kept by the Hong Kong Police Force, we shall issue the Certificate and send it directly by registered mail of the Hongkong Post to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks. Applicants will NOT receive any copy of the Certificate.
10. If criminal conviction data is found, both the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority and the applicant will be replied with a letter advising that the Certificate could not be issued and listing out the conviction data by registered mail of the Hongkong Post, within the prescribed period.
11. If the applicant is under investigation by the Hong Kong Police Force / law enforcement agencies in Hong Kong, or is currently a defendant in criminal proceedings in Hong Kong, or is subject of non-payment of fine including traffic offences, his/her application will not be further processed until the matter concerned has been concluded. We shall issue a letter to the applicant informing that his/her application is pending conclusion of the matter. Once there are no outstanding matters, a Certificate or letter will be issued, in accordance with Paragraphs 9 & 10 above.
12. Please refer to the Hongkong Post website to enquire the time required for the delivery of a registered mail. However, it may also be affected by local postal service of destination country.
Handling of Personal Data
13. The personal data provided by the applicants will only be used for the purpose of processing their applications. Every applicant has the right to request for access and correction of his or her personal data, by sending a written request to the Chief Inspector (Support) Identification Bureau on 10/F, Arsenal House West Wing, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong. In order to recover the administrative cost of acceding to the request, the applicant may be charged for any copy of the data requested, and in most cases, the prevailing government rate for photocopies will apply. All fingerprints and other personal data collected will be destroyed within a reasonable period of time upon conclusion of the application process.
14. For enquiries, please send them to:
Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office
(852) 2200 4321
(852) 2860 6558