Inspector / Senior Inspector
- Degree with a pass at “Level 1” or above in 'Use of Chinese' and 'Use of English' in the Common Recruitment Examination, or equivalent
HK$45,305 - HK$84,250 *
- Degree / Associate Degree / Higher Diploma / Diploma, or equivalent
HK$43,980 - HK$84,250 *
- Matriculation (2A3O) / “Five Level 3 in the HKDSE”, or equivalent
HK$42,665 - HK$84,250 *
* With effect from 1st January 2010, new recruits to the Inspector of Police are eligible for the salary payments from HK$72,645 to HK$84,250 by passing the Inspectorate Standard III Professional Examination and attaining advancement to Senior Inspector of Police.
- Five passes or above, which may include Chinese Language and English Language, in the HKCEE, or a combination of results in five Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) subjects of Level 2 in New Senior Secondary (NSS) subjects, “Attained” in Applied Learning (ApL) subjects (subject to a maximum of two ApL subjects) and Grade E in Other Language subjects, or equivalent
HK$24,110 - HK$38,580 **
** With effect from 1st April 2009, new recruits to Police Constable are eligible for 4 Long Service Increments from HK$35,445 to HK$38,580 upon completion of 12, 18, 24 and 30 years of satisfactory in-rank service.