About crime related information
- How can I prevent and report Technology Crime such as hacking, Internet Fraud, Misuse of accounts, Online Theft etc...?
- What is Police Superintendent's Discretion?
- How to find the crime statistics of Hong Kong?
- How do I obtain a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction?
1. How can I prevent and report Technology Crime such as hacking, Internet Fraud, Misuse of accounts, Online Theft etc...?
To report such cases, call or attend the nearest Police Station or report the case through e-Report room. To know more about Technology Crime, please browse the web site of our Cyber Security and Technology Crime Bureau.
2. What is Police Superintendent’s Discretion?
When a juvenile, from 10 years to under the age of 18, has committed an offence, and there is sufficient evidence to charge him / her, Police may prosecute in court or deal with matter under the Police Superintendent’s Discretion (PSDS).
Under the PSDS, a Police Officer, of the rank of Superintendent or above, can exercise his/her discretion to issue a caution to the juvenile offender, instead of prosecuting. The juvenile is put under Police supervision for a period of two years or until he / she reaches the age of 18, whichever is earlier.
To decide whether the case is suitable to be dealt with by way of PSDS, the following factors must be fulfilled / considered:-
- The evidence available is sufficient to support a prosecution;
- The offender voluntarily and unequivocally admits the offence;
- The offender and his/her parents or guardians agree to the cautioning;
- The nature, seriousness and prevalence of the offence;
- The offender’s previous criminal record; and
- The attitude of the complainant.
Certificates of No Criminal Conviction are issued by the Hong Kong Police at the request of foreign consulates, who in turn must provide an authorisation letter from the potential immigrant who has lived in Hong Kong.
Full details on the procedure are given through the following links :