About crime related information
- How can I prevent and report Technology Crime such as hacking, Internet Fraud, Misuse of accounts, Online Theft etc...?
- What is Police Superintendent's Discretion?
- How to find the crime statistics of Hong Kong?
- How do I obtain a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction?
1. How can I prevent and report Technology Crime such as hacking, Internet Fraud, Misuse of accounts, Online Theft etc...?
To report such cases, call or attend the nearest Police Station or report the case through e-Report room. To know more about Technology Crime, please browse the web site of our Cyber Security and Technology Crime Bureau.
2. What is Police Superintendent’s Discretion?
When a juvenile, from 10 years of age to under 18 years of age, has committed an offence and there is sufficient evidence to lay a charge against him/ her, Police may prosecute the juvenile in court or deal with such matter by way of administering a caution under the Police Superintendent’s Discretion Scheme (PSDS).
Under the PSDS, a Police Officer, of the rank of Superintendent or above, can exercise discretion to administer a caution to the juvenile offender in lieu of initiating prosecution. The juvenile is to be put under police supervision for a period of two years or until he/ she reaches the age of 18, whichever is earlier.
To decide whether the case is suitable to be dealt with by way of PSDS, the following factors must be fulfilled / considered:-
- The evidence available is sufficient to support a prosecution;
- The offender voluntarily and unequivocally admits the offence;
- The offender and his/her parents or guardians agree to the cautioning;
- The nature, seriousness and prevalence of the offence;
- The offender’s previous criminal record; and
- The attitude of the complainant.
Certificates of No Criminal Conviction are issued by the Hong Kong Police at the request of foreign consulates, who in turn must provide an authorisation letter from the potential immigrant who has lived in Hong Kong.
Full details on the procedure are given through the following links :