- How can I prevent and report Technology Crime such as hacking, Internet Fraud, Misuse of accounts, Online Theft etc...?
- What is Police Superintendent's Discretion?
- How to find the crime statistics of Hong Kong?
- How do I obtain a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction?
1. How can I prevent and report Technology Crime such as hacking, Internet Fraud, Misuse of accounts, Online Theft etc...?
To report such cases, call or attend the nearest Police Station. To know more about Technology Crime, please browse the web site of our Technology Crime Division.
2. What is Police Superintendent's Discretion?
Police Superintendent's Discretion is:
When a juvenile under the age of 18 has committed an offence, and there is sufficient evidence to charge him /her with the offence, Police may take prosecution action like a normal case and take the juvenile offender to the Juvenile Court.
Another way to deal with the case is for a Police Officer of the rank of Superintendent or above to exercise discretion to issue a caution to the juvenile offender, instead of taking him /her to the Juvenile Court. The juvenile offender to whom the caution was administered must be put under Police's supervision for a period of two years or until he / she reaches the age of 18, whichever is earlier.
To decide whether the case is suitable to be dealt with by way of SP's Discretion, the following factors must be considered:
- The evidence available is sufficient to support a prosecution;
- The offender voluntarily and unequivocally admits the offence;
- The offender and his/her parents or guardians agree to the cautioning;
- The nature, seriousness and prevalence of the offence;
- The offender's previous criminal record;
- Attitude of the offender's parents or guardians; and
- The attitude of the complainant.
3. How to obtain the crime statistics of Hong Kong?
Please browse our website: Crime Statistics.
Besides, you may also refer to the annual reports:
4. How do I obtain a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction ?
Certificates of No Criminal Conviction are issued by the Hong Kong Police at the request of foreign consulates, who in turn must provide an authorisation letter from the potential immigrant who has lived in Hong Kong.
Full details on the procedure are given through the following links :