Data Access Request for Criminal Conviction Data
With effect from 15 March 2019, the processing fee for Criminal Conviction Data Access Request has been adjusted to HK$124 per person.
Notes to Applicants
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”), the public can enquire whether there is any criminal conviction record against him / her being kept by the Hong Kong Police Force. If conviction data is found, a copy of the records will be given to the requester. If no conviction data is located, the requester will be only advised of the result verbally.
Application Procedures and Documentation Requirements
2. Given that criminal data is highly private and sensitive, the Data Subject, and the Relevant Person # if any, should attend in person the Criminal Conviction Data Office, which is located on 14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. Operating hours for receiving applications with payment are:
Monday - Friday
|9:00 am – 5:15 pm*
*Payment at Police Shroff closes between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm and at 5:00 pm
|Saturday, Sunday/Public Holiday||Closed|
# Please refer to section 2(1) of the Ordinance for the interpretation of a “relevant person”. All Criminal Conviction Data access requests shall be made in person unless exempted with a valid ground by the Officer-in-charge of the Criminal Conviction Data (CCD) Office. The data subject shall be present at the CCD office with the “relevant person” in the first instance.
3. The applicant should bring along the following documents:
(a) His or Her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid Travel Document;
(b) Processing fee of HK$124 per person. Payment by cash, Octopus cards or EPS are accepted. Add-value service for Octopus cards is not available at this office.
4. The relevant application form can be downloaded here.
Online and Telephone Appointment in Advance
5. Applicants may elect to make an advance appointment through the Online Booking System (https://www.obs.police.gov.hk) or the Auto-Telephone Answering System at 2396 5351, no less than one day in advance of the intended appointment. Walk-in applications during operating hours are also accepted.
Consent for Fingerprint Taking
6. All applicants are required to sign on the application form and give their consent to the Hong Kong Police Force, if required, to take and retain their fingerprints for processing the application
Handling of Personal Data
7. The personal data provided by the applicants will only be used for the purpose of processing their applications. Every applicant has the right to request for access and correction of his or her personal data, by sending a written request to the Chief Inspector (Support) Identification Bureau on 10/F, Arsenal House West Wing, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong. In order to recover the administrative cost of acceding to such a request, the applicant may be charged for any copy of the data requested, and in most cases, the prevailing government rate for photocopies will apply. All fingerprints and other personal data collected will be destroyed within a reasonable period of time upon conclusion of the application process.
8. For enquiries, you may write to the Office, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call 2860 6557, or fax 2200 4321.