Data Access Request for Criminal Conviction Data (CCD)
- CNCC office provides free Fingerprint Taking Service for the public. Members of the public must book an appointment through the OBS to submit applications at least one day in advance of the intended appointment. Those without an appointment will not be processed.
For COVID-19 disease control, this Office has implemented the following measures in order to avoid people from gathering and protect the health of applicants, their companions and the staff :-
- All applicants shall make an appointment through the Online Booking System (OBS) or the Auto-Telephone Answering System at 2396 5351. Walk-in application will not be entertained.
- Please wear masks. Applicants’ and their companions’ body temperature will be checked before entering the Office. Those who have fever or respiratory infection symptoms will be requested to leave.
- Octopus card is recommended for payment. Please add value to your Octopus card in advance. (The application fee is HKD$124 per person. Add-value service for Octopus cards will NOT be provided by the CNCC Office.)
For special arrangement in times of tropical cyclones and rainstorms, please click here.
If you are not applying for the CNCC whereas you only require assistance from the police to obtain a set of fingerprints for application of police check of overseas countries, please visit the CNCC office for the service (free of charge). Please refer to question 19 of “Frequently Asked Questions” of our webpage.
Notes to Applicants
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”) ( Cap. 486 of Laws of Hong Kong), the public can enquire whether there is any criminal conviction record against him / her being kept by the Hong Kong Police Force. If conviction data is found, a copy of the records will be given to the requester. If no conviction data is located, the requester will be only advised of the result verbally.
Application Procedures and Documentation Requirements
2. Given that criminal data is highly private and sensitive, the Data Subject, and the Relevant Person # if any, shall attend the CCD Office in person, which is located on 14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. Operating hours for receiving applications and payment are as follow:
|Monday - Friday||9:00 am – 5:15 pm*
* Police Shroff dealing with payment by cash closes between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm and at 5:00 pm
|Saturday, Sunday/Public Holiday||Closed|
# Please refer to section 2(1) of the Ordinance for the interpretation of a “relevant person”. All CCD access requests shall be made in person unless exempted with a valid ground by the Officer-in-charge of the CCD Office. The data subject shall be present at the CCD office with the “relevant person” in the first instance.
3. The applicant shall bring along his or her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid Travel Document.
4. The processing fee is HK$124 per person. Payment by cash, Octopus cards or EPS are accepted. Add-value service for Octopus cards is not available at this office.
Online and Telephone Appointment in Advance
6. Applicants shall make an advance appointment through the Online Booking System ( https://www.obs.police.gov.hk/en) or the Auto-Telephone Answering System at 2396 5351, no less than one day in advance of the intended appointment. Walk-in application will not be entertained.
Consent for Fingerprint Taking
7. All applicants are required to sign on the application form and give their consent to the Hong Kong Police Force, if required, to take and retain their fingerprints for processing the application.
Handling of Personal Data
8. The personal data provided by the applicants will only be used for the purpose of processing their applications. Every applicant has the right to request for access and correction of his or her personal data, by sending a written request to the Chief Inspector (Support) Identification Bureau on 10/F, Arsenal House West Wing, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong. In order to recover the administrative cost of acceding to such a request, the applicant may be charged for any copy of the data requested, and in most cases, the prevailing government rate for photocopies will apply. All fingerprints and other personal data collected will be destroyed within a reasonable period of time upon conclusion of the application process.
9. For enquiries, please send them to:
Criminal Conviction Data Office
(852) 2200 4321
(852) 2860 6557