Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC)
The issuance of Certificates of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) is a charged service provided by the Hong Kong Police Force which is solely in connection with a person's application for various types of visa, such as visit, student or resident visa, or for adoption of children. Applications for the Certificate for any other purposes will not be accepted.
CNCC office provides free Fingerprint Taking Service for the public. Members of the public must book an appointment through the OBS to submit applications at least one day in advance of the intended appointment. Those without an appointment will not be processed.
If you are not applying for the CNCC whereas you only require assistance from the police to obtain a set of fingerprints for application of police check of overseas countries, please visit the CNCC office for the service (free of charge). Please refer to question 19 of “Frequently Asked Questions” of our webpage.
The appointment date of the Online Booking System (OBS) has been extended from 30 days to 60 days. Unless the appointment sessions available for that particular day have been fully booked, members of public can choose any working day of the respective offices in the upcoming 60 days to submit applications for the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC), Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) and Criminal Conviction Data Access Request (CCD).
This office in most cases is able to complete a No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) application and send out the result in four weeks as per the performance pledge to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority by registered mail of the Hongkong Post. Applicants do not need to call or email to our office to check the progress. If an application cannot be completed in exceptional circumstances, this office will contact that applicant accordingly.
Due to the large number of awaiting applications, if applicants cannot attend the booked appointment at the Certificate of CNCC office, please cancel the appointment through OBS or the Auto-telephone Answering System at 2396 5351 so that the timeslot can be made available to other applicants.
For COVID-19 disease control, the CNCC Office has implemented the following measures in order to avoid people from gathering and protect the health of applicants, their companions and the staff :-
- All applicants (including document submission and payment) shall make an appointment through the OBS or the Auto-Telephone Answering System at 2396 5351. Walk-in application will not be entertained.
- Please wear masks. Applicants’ and their companions’ body temperature will be checked before entering the Office. Those who have fever or respiratory infection symptoms will be requested to leave.
- Octopus card is recommended for payment. Please add value to your Octopus card in advance. (The application fee is HKD$225 per person. Add-value service for Octopus cards will NOT be provided by the CNCC Office.)
- Notes to Applicants in HK
For applicants, disregarding their nationality, who are present in HK or about to visit HK and able to make the application in person at our office
- Notes to Applicants outside HK
For applicants, disregarding their nationality, who are outside HK and unable to make the application in person at our office