- What services may the public obtain from the Police webpages?
- How to search for information quickly in the Police Webpage?
- How to report telephone / fax nuisance or other nuisance case?
- How to lodge a complaint against Police officers?
- How to verify the truthfulness of Police identity / Police Warrant Card?
- I am doing some research for a university degree. Is it possible for me to get hold of some police statistics?
- New arrangements on the Reciprocal Notification Mechanism between Hong Kong and the Mainland
- How to contact Police?
- How could I make enquiries for information concerning other Government departments?
1. What services may the public obtain from the Police webpages?
2. How to search the information rapidly in the Police Webpage?
You may try to use the SiteMap to search for your information.
3. How to report telephone / fax nuisance or other nuisance case?
You may report to the nearest Police Station by phone or in person. Click here for telephone numbers and addresses of all Police Stations. You may also report telephone / fax nuisance through the e-Report Centre.
4. How to lodge a complaint against Police officers?
You may make the complaint through different channels. Click here for details: Contact Us- Complaints Against Police Office
5. How to verify the truthfulness of Police identity / Police Warrant Card?
Police Officers are required to produce Police Warrant Card under the following circumstances:
Police Officers in Plain-clothes: They shall identify themselves and produce their warrant card when they are exercising their police powers.
Police Officers in Uniform: Normally, police officers uniform are not required to produce their police warrant card. However, they should do so upon the request of a member of the public unless the circumstances do not allow or the request is unreasonable:
When Police Officers produce their warrant cards there is no requirement for them to give their warrant cards to any member of public for checking. If a member of the public has any queries on doubt about the identity of a Police Officer, he / she should contact the nearest police station immediately for clarification.
The Police Warrant Card has the following features:
(The Police Report Film Clipping regarding Police Warrant Card - A deception case of Impersonating Police Officer).
6. I am doing some research for a university degree. Is it possible for me to get hold of some police statistics?
Subject to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and other internal guidelines, the Police Force is prepared to release information under the Government Code on Access to Information, however, the requestor is expected to bear the cost of this in accordance with current charging guidelines.
7. New arrangements on the Reciprocal Notification Mechanism between Hong Kong and the Mainland
Since 2001, the HKSAR Government has, by way of an administrative arrangement and on the basis of mutual respect for the relevant laws of both sides, put in place a reciprocal notification mechanism with the Mainland in respect of cases involving unnatural deaths and imposition of criminal compulsory measures or institution of criminal prosecution on residents from the other side. Please refer to this link for information on the new arrangements on the reciprocal notification mechanism between Hong Kong and the Mainland.
8. How to Contact Police?
Click here for details: Contact Us
9. How could I make enquiries for information concerning other Government departments?
You may contact 1823 Citizen’s Easy Link (24 hours a day 7 days a week) through the following methods:
Telephone Number: 1823
Facsimile Number: 2760 1823
Postal Address: PO Box 1823 Tsuen Wan Post OfficeWebsite: www.1823.gov.hk