Police Mentorship Programme
The Police Mentorship Programme (PMP) was first launched in 2004 as a proactive recruitment strategy to inspire high calibre undergraduates from local universities to join the Force as probationary inspectors immediately after their graduation.
The primary objectives of the PMP are to:
- Facilitate social and personal development of the Mentees;
- Inspire and motivate Mentees to pursue a career with the Force upon graduation from the universities;
- Establish liaison with the local universities managements on employment related matters; and
- Enhance the overall competitiveness of the Force in graduate recruitment.
PMP will open for application between October and December every year to the following local universities undergraduates (full-time non-final year):
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Shue Yan University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
The PMP Mentors are a cadre of volunteer officers from inspectorate rank or above who are graduates of the local universities. The Mentors act as a role model with each leading two to four Mentees from their respective parent institutions and share with them knowledge, experience and challenges in the career of a Police Inspector.
For details, please contact respective Student Affairs Offices or the Police Recruitment Division (Tel: 2860 6477 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org)。