Police Mentorship Programme (PMP)
The Police Mentorship Programme (PMP) was first launched in 2004 as a proactive recruitment strategy to inspire high calibre students from local universities to join the Force immediately after their graduation. In December 2018, ‘Police Mentorship Programme Outreach’ (PMPO) was launched to inspire high calibre Hong Kong students who have global vision and are studying at or recently graduated from Mainland / overseas tertiary institutes to join the Force after graduation.
PMP and PMPO are amalgamated into one “PMP” starting FY 2022/23. Under PMP, there will be three streams, namely PMP (HK) for local students, PMP (M) for Hong Kong students from Mainland universities and PMP (O) for Hong Kong students from overseas universities. The PMP(O) stream is further divided into four “Chapters”, which includes Australia, Canada, United Kingdom and United States.
- Facilitate social and personal development of mentees;
- Inspire and motivate mentees to pursue a career with the Force upon graduation;
- Establish liaison with the management of the universities on employment related matters; and
- Enhance the overall competitiveness of the Force in graduate recruitment.
PMP(HK) is now open for application to full-time undergraduates/ postgraduates of all years from the following 12 local institutes:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Hong Kong Metropolitan University
- Hong Kong Shue Yan University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
PMP(Mainland) and PMP(Overseas) is now open for application to:
- Hong Kong students who are studying at mainland / overseas tertiary institutes; or
- Hong Kong graduates who have graduated from mainland / overseas tertiary institutes for not more than two years.
- Mentors of inspectorate rank or above who are graduates of the local institutes, mainland and overseas universities will lead mentees from their respective parent institutes or regions and share with them knowledge, experience and challenges in the career of a Police Inspector;
- PMP mentees have the opportunities to participate in various kinds of activities, such as visits to police units, participate in interview workshops and the Internship Programme.
- Application for the Police Mentorship Programme (HK) will be generally accepted in October and December each year. Admission to the PMP (HK) 2022 / 23 is now closed.
- The application for PMP (Mainland) / PMP (Overseas) is all year round. For those who are interested to join are welcome to access and complete the online application form by clicking the link: https://www.idea.gov.hk/hkpf-rec-hr/application-for-hong-kong-police-force-police-mentorship-programme-mainland-overseas/en or scan the QR code below.